Friday, July 15, 2005

Any friend of mine ....

This is a new one for me. A friend/colleague of mine just emailed me to say 'sorry, but I have to disconnect from you on LinkedIn'.

I assumed it was because their employer discouraged employees from participating in such social networks and said so. My friend said 'No, its your network' and then, without giving any real details, simply explained that it was 'personal, but nothing to do with you'.

This of course has me analyzing my network, looking at its members, and making wild guesses as to what sort of horrible and upsetting incident would cause somebody to give up a connection with somebody as dynamic and well-thought of in the industry as I am. A spilled drink at a hospitality suite? Perhaps a cab fare split unequally?

I think I'll wait to share this precedent with my wife - she's never liked my friends.

No comments: