Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Jamie Murray (1973 - 2006)

I lost my brother-in-law and friend last week. As they say in the Ottawa Valley, he 'took a heart attack'. At 33 years of age. The world seems a whole lot more perverse than before.


I like to argue, learn new things, drink beer, and build things. Jamie was a willing and able partner in all these. He was also the best damn Uncle to my kids that could be spec'd out.



The doctors tell us it could have happened while he was pumping gas or filling out a Web form - neither a fitting end to a life of activity and love. Jamie died in his treasured boat after wake boarding on the river he loved, surrounded by the nieces and nephews that adored him, and close to his wife and family.

I will continue to argue, learn, drink beer and build sheds at the cottage. It just won't be as fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss.

Anonymous said...

It's a bloody shame. Hope you and the kids are feeling better. He looks so fit!!