Monday, October 30, 2006

If only they were Star Alliance members

Sitting in the audience of today's Liberty Alliance Day in Tokyo, I was reminded of the successful integration between NTT Data and Japan Airlines (JAL) for federated travel expense reporting.

Loyalty, both to NTT (my employer) and to the Liberty Alliance (the SDO where I spend much of time), would have me fly JAL at every opportunity.

But, JAL is not a member of the Star Alliance (the airline alliance of which the airline I'm pulled to through patriotic loyalty is a member), instead their competitor ANA is.

Flying ANA gives me miles, flying JAL gives me only a nice feeling. What to do?

This past Saturday, I flew ANA from Hong Kong to Tokyo.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Pulled to Air Canada by patriotic loyalty?

Or by Aeroplan points?

EMWTK...

Pam