Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Most innovative use of an away message

I sent an email to some friends as a call for volunteers to help with a litter clean-up on a nearby road.

Deafening email silence from most conscripts followed.

I did receive the following from one inventive friend.

Thank-you for your email. I will be out of the office until February 18 2007. I will reply upon my return.

Ian
It might have worked if the reply hadn't taken 3 hours. If you're going to run a mock MITM attack you have to be faster than that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

You would not believe the feedback I've received since you posted this entry. People I haven't heard from for years are calling up saying they saw me on your blog. In some cases people I've never even met before have been asking me if I am "that Ian from the ConnectID blog". Gotta go. Letterman's calling (again).

Ian

PS. Who is Connor and why does he keep asking me to appear on his blog?